Friday, July 4, 2014

Welcome!

Hi and Welcome to my blog. I will primarily be focusing on the adventures of my two dogs, Zoe and Phoenix. Occasionally my blog will feature posts about dog friends and our kitties.

My name is Lauren and I'm a dog mom to 2 wonderful and amazing girls: Zoe and Phoenix and cat mom to 3 mischief makers: Hurley, Pandora and Lilly. I have created pages for each furkid and you can find them over on the right hand side.

I've been interested in animals since I was a child. Growing up we had dogs, cats, rabbits, goats, guinea pigs, rats and mice. I got my first dog when I was 15 and I trained him myself. We did obedience, agility and some trick training. I've always felt like animals were more family than the humans in my family. I got my first official grooming job at 18 as a bather. I then went on to groom school and became and All Breed Pet Groomer at 19. Dogs are pretty much my whole life. I can talk your ear off for hours about dogs and probably will if you meet me in person. :P

I love training my dogs. We do a lot of trick training and are currently working on skills to compete in Rally Obedience. With training I use primarily Positive Reinforcement and Force Free Methods. We don't use any old fashion techniques. My dogs love their training time. They want to work with me because it's fun. I post a lot of YouTube videos of their training sessions.

I also enjoying hiking and photography.

I'm married to a very tolerant and helpful man. He is not as into the dogs as I am but he puts up with it pretty well.








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your girls are cute, and I am always looking for training tips, so look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!