Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Stuffed Beef Trachea on Tasty Tuesday


I sent the Doggie Daddy to the feed store to pick up some cat food and he also brought home some treats for the girls! He got beef tracheas!



The girls really like these treats all by themselves but I decided to stuff them! Most of the time I use kibble and wet dog food to stuff kongs with so that's what I did with the beef trachea as well. I had my husband cut the tracheas into fourths because we are watching Zoe's weight. I used plastic wrap and tightly covered the bottom half, putting down a layer of kibble first then adding the wet dog food. Then I froze them. This was my first try at stuffing tracheas and it was actually harder than you would think. I didn't end up mixing the kibble and wet food well enough and when I took them out of the freezer kibble was falling out of them. Next time I will mix the kibble and wet dog food better. 

Frozen Stuffed Beef Trachea cut into fourths.

The girls really enjoyed them. I gave them as a meal and it took them both around a half an hour to finish them.We have 6 more in the freezer, too!! We spent $10 on two tracheas and it made eight meals. I already had the wet and dry dog food on hand. I used about 1 1/3 cans of wet dog food and about 1 1/2 cups of kibble. 










6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! The fluffies LOVE the Windees from Jones Natural Chews. I never even thought about stuffing them. I'm definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! We can't have long lasting treats around here though, the beagle thinks she's supposed to get everything and that doesn't go over well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stuff them! Looks like Zoe really enjoyed it!! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Lucky pups!!! I bet they enjoyed those!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!