Friday, October 31, 2014
I think Halloween and the fall is my favorite time of year! The Doggie Daddy and I recently took the girls to one of the local farms so we could get pumpkins and pies! It was so fun! The girls got to pick their pumpkins out and visit the farm animals!
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
We went out to a ranch to get our pumpkins this week. We were actually pretty late getting them and we encountered a pumpkin graveyard!! Lots of pumpkins were rotting! It was kind of gross out, too with all the rain we've been getting but also pretty funny.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
.....or how I moved 5 animals out of state with a 12+ hour drive without loosing my cool.
What an adventure!! Let me tell you! It's not easy to move with animals, especially cats.. but lets start at the beginning.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Sunday, October 26, 2014
I was so excited to find out that I won the Silver Paw Pet Tag giveaway from Love is Being Owned By a Husky! If you haven't been to her blog yet, I highly recommend checking it out!
We absolutely love our Silver Paw Tag and it looks so pretty on Phoenix. I hope I can get one for Zoe soon.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Hey everyone! I have a review for you today on the Tropiclean Fresh Breath Plus Hip & Joint water additive, brought to you by chewy.com! Chewy.com is an awesome company that delivers high quality pet products right to your door. Their shipping is incredibly fast and they have wonderful customer service!
Tropiclean Fresh Breath Plus Hip & Joint is a safe, natural additive you squirt in your dog or cat's water bowl each time you fill the bowl. It removes plaque and tartar, eliminates harmful bacteria in the mouth, and gives your pet 12 hours of fresh breath!
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Here are a couple of photos of them jumping over the fence from our trip! Zoe and Phoenix absolutely love this park!
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Both Zoe and Phoenix are girly girls. They don't like getting wet and walking through mud puddles just doesn't happen.. Rolling in disgusting things is practically unheard of! Well until now...
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
Petbox is a monthly subscription delivery service that offers a selection of different products for your dog or cat. They are led by a team of animal lovers who spend a lot of time picking out all natural, premium products. Their main emphasis is on health and well being. They also feed a shelter animal for every box sent! I think that's amazing.
The company offers a variety of different monthly plans and are moderately priced.
I love the idea of a monthly subscription box. I've mentioned before that the nearest pet store is almost an hour away and that we only have one car right now. Having products shipped right to my door is extremely convenient.
You can pick your own products for a customized box, or allow the PetBox team to surprise you. I was sent a surprise box.
This is what we received:
- Bark Bio-degradable Poop Bags. I think it's awesome these poop bags are bio-degradable and I'm very happy we got them. I was running out of the other ones we use and these rolls fit really well in my bait bag. I used some of them last weekend when we were in Portland and they were great!
- Evanger's Grain Free Chicken Wet Dog Food. This is their holistic formula. It only has four ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Liver and Guar Gum. It was made in the USA and there are no preservatives, no artificial colors and no grain. It's also considered Kosher. I like to use wet dog food to stuff kongs so I will definitely be using this!
- Bionic Bones Nutrient Water. This one is a new concept for me but I think it's cool. The idea for this product came when the owner of the company couldn't get her dog to take his supplements. So they invented a tasty water with the supplements in it. The ingredients are: Water, Natural Chicken Flavor, Glucosamine Hydrochloride (contains shellfish byproduct) and Chondroitin Sulfate. It has 1,000mg of Glucosamine, 105mg of Chondroitin and the whole thing is 12 calories. There are no preservatives in it and it needs to be refrigerated after opening it. I actually dropped the jar and it did not break open and nothing spilled out which was awesome. My dogs really liked it and I would buy this again.
- Pet Safe Lawn Protector. This is a pouch that you add to your pet's drinking water once a month to help prevent lawn burns. It's also supposed to filter your pet's water, too. I actually don't have a lawn but we have a neighbor who does and we will be giving this to them. I'm sure they will find it useful.
- Petz Info QR ID Tag. With this one you create a profile for your pet online and if your pet goes missing, their tag can be scanned with any smartphone and your information pops up. This is a pretty neat concept and I like it. I will probably use it on one of my cat's collars.
- Loving Pets: It's Purely Natural Chicken Jerky. The girls were very excited about these treats and with their all natural ingredients, so was I. The ingredients include: Chicken, Brown Rice Flour, Honey, Garlic, Sea Salt, Rosemary and Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols. They do not contain wheat, glycerin, soy or gluten. There are no additives, by-products or fillers and they are made in the USA. The name is a little misleading, they don't really have a jerky-like consistency. They are more like a freeze dried biscuit. They break apart easily and are not super crumbly. They are fantastic and I would definitely buy them. I used them last weekend for some recall training.
Overall I am very happy with PetBox and we had a lot of fun opening and learning about the products. I highly recommend their service! Right now I have a coupon code for you so you can get 10% off your first PetBox! Just enter ZOEPHEE when you check out!
Disclosure: We were provided a free Petbox in exchange for an honest review. Petbox is not responsible for the content of this blog post. My reviews are always 100% honest and my opinion is my own.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
I decided to do a Throwback Thursday post today. Here's a few photos from our trip to San Francisco that we took a while back.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Lilly is our resident "Mean Kitty". She is just not a very tolerant cat. She wants to do what she wants to do and if you have a different idea she doesn't like it. She will often sass me and slap me if I make her mad somehow. The dogs are very scared of her.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Phoenix trying out 5" Straight Bully Stick
Hi everyone! We have a review for you today on Pawstruck! Pawstruck is an online company that offers a variety of high quality dog chews at a reasonable price. Some of their products include: bully sticks, a variety of different animal ears (pig, cow, lamb), antlers, hooves and all kinds of different bones, some are even filled! I absolutely recommend checking them out. They have something for every dog, even the pickiest! Most of their products are from America and there is absolutely nothing from China. I also really like that their bully sticks are sourced from free-range and grass-fed cattle and none of their products have any artificial ingredients! Their shipping was so fast and I am very happy with their customer service.
Monday, October 13, 2014
We are in Portland Oregon because my husband is trying to get a job here. He had to have a physical and whatnot and once that paperwork goes through we should be able to move! I am so excited!
We decided to go to Pet Expo on Saturday (unfortunately, I was too busy working with Phoenix to get pictures) and later found out that our friends from It's Dog Or Nothing and Tenacious Little Terrier were also at Pet Expo!! We didn't get to see them there but we decided to meet up with them and go to lunch the next day! We had so much fun! We loved meeting everyone!
Sunday, October 12, 2014
As I mentioned on Friday, Phoenix absolutely loves playing fetch. Here's a very lucky silhouette type shot from one of our beach trips!
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Hey everyone! Today I have a review on the Ruffwear Front Range Harness for you! I am so excited to share this harness with everyone!
The Front Range Harness is the brand new harness from Ruffwear. It is an every day harness that is easy to fit and put on. It has four points of adjustment to allow full range of motion. I've actually found that it's very easy to adjust and I didn't have any problems with it at all. I've been switching it back and forth between dogs every day for over a week. Phoenix is slightly smaller than Zoe so I've been adjusting it a lot. Another great thing about this harness is that when you adjust and fit it to the dog, the adjustments stay put. They do not move at all and you don't have to worry about the harness getting bigger on you and your dog slipping out.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Zoe going for a car ride in our Toyota Matrix!!
Right before we moved to California from Oregon, my car blew up.. Like it literally just stopped working on the busiest, scariest freeway in Portland. I had a Honda Civic Hybrid. The transmission and both batteries went out all at the same time. When the car died, we had no power of steering, no windows or anything.. It was extremely scary! We also had both dogs in the backseat at the time and we were on our way home from Doggie Dash. Luckily, my husband was driving and he was able to get us safely off the freeway and my friend was able to come get us. So we had to get rid of my car and when we came to California, my husband's truck would not smog either. So we were basically out two vehicles.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
I can't believe I've had her for two years already!!!
I am one of those people who believe in fate, things that happen are meant to be and that there is a reason for everything. Phoenix is one of those things.
Monday, October 6, 2014
I have a secret to tell you!! I use Flexi Leashes!!! OMD!!! I know...
There's a lot of hate going on regarding these zippy leashes and the name "Flexi Leash" can be a dirty word in the Dog Community. I will be the first person to tell you that Flexi Leashes can be dangerous and that they are not appropriate in most situations. I have a confession though, I hate and I mean HATE my long lines. They drag, they get dirty and wet then they smell bad. I seriously dislike using them, they are so heavy and I hate rolling them up. I will only use long lines if I absolutely have to. Enter the Flexi Leash. The thing winds itself up and in the process can take your finger off or seriously injure you! So if you do decide to use them, proceed with caution.
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Lately I've been walking the girls separately. It's been going really well. I'm finding that I really enjoy individual time with each dog. I'm going to have to do this more often. I think it's important that each dog get out separately. It's really interesting seeing each of their individual personalities without the other one influencing it. We haven't had any incidents of reactivity, either! When I first leave the house, the dog that gets left behind is kind of sad but when we get back that dog is happy to see us and ready to leave for their turn.
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
Thursday, October 2, 2014
I took this photo on the morning Zoe and I went to meet Phoenix at OHS.
"Really, Mom?? We're doing what?!?"
Doesn't Zoe look thrilled?
This is my new series on my mistakes with my rescue dogs. I'm going to do these posts at least once or twice a month on Thursdays. In these posts I will talk about some of the mistakes that I think I made and what I would do differently. I hope that reading about my journey with my two rescue girls will be helpful to anyone else looking to get a dog.