Tuesday, June 23, 2015

It's Getting HOT!


The pacific northwest is going to have the first real heatwave coming up this week with temperatures being around 100. I'm so NOT looking forward to it. I tend to favor the cooler weather of Spring and Fall. Usually the PNW doesn't heat up this much so it's just weird to me. When we originally moved here we moved because it was a more mild climate. Most people here don't have air conditioning and we don't, either! I'm really hoping that the heatwave doesn't stick around too long! The poor girls are still having some skin issues but I'm probably going to break out the cooling coats anyways. We don't usually take walks during the middle of the day and with this heat we will probably be sticking to either early morning or late night walks. I'm also thinking about making them some sort of pupsicle type treat, too!

How are you and your pups coping with heat? Let me know in the comments below! 

11 comments:

  1. Air conditioning! We live in Texas, so we are used to being hot. But this year has been a nice treat and the heat hasn't been too bad for here so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cool coats will help. You can refrigerate them to cool them off even more for awhile. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I just didn't want to put them on while they were still having skin problems but I think I'm going to have to! It's so weird. We are not used to over 100 degrees in Oregon!

      Delete
  3. No air conditioning? OMG that would never work for me. LOL We are living in AC right now. We still walk during the day (even though it's hot) but typically I drive up to the top of the street and use the shade/cooler air of the woods and keep their walks short, maybe 20 minutes or so. Thankfully there are usually so many good smells in the woods, it's acceptable to the dogs.

    Try and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not a fan of the heat either. Hope it doesn't last too long for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one without good old AC! We have a teeny tiny unit in our wall in the living room, but it's also right under our big bay window, so really it just keeps the sun from turning the living room into an oven, but it doesn't actually cool the apartment down at all. Hope you have lots of fans! Barley loves when I freeze some yogurt, banana, and peanut butter for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do well in super hot temps and I prefer spring and fall too. Thank goodness we do have air, we have to. We are on second floor of a condo/apt building and there is no cross ventilation. We also have to have hair because Dakota has so much fur and such thick fur that the poor thing would never do well in that kind of heat. Hope your heat wave doesn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our mornings start in the 60s and by afternoon it has reached the 90s or 100s. Fortunately for us we love the hot weather so only have to rely on the AC for a few hours. We're sending cooling thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy!!! We always feed yummy frozen treats during the hottest days, also cooling pads can help!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, we had 102 on Sunday, with a heat index of 106!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the heat and Mauja and Atka do pretty well in it. We keep our walks to early morning or late evening, but they like to be outside in the shade or pool rather than in the A/C!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!