Monday, December 28, 2015

New Trick! Teach Your Dog to Close Their Crate Door!



This is our very first ever trick training tutorial! 

I am still very camera shy so I used captions instead of talking.

I hope you guys like it! This is a pretty simple trick to teach if your dog likes their crate and knows how to play tug.  The girls learned it in about 5 minutes. I had my husband video the whole process of me teaching it to Zoe. At the end you can see the completely finished version with Phoenix.

Note: If your dog is a chewer, I would not recommend leaving any "chewable" items with them in their crate. We are mostly just doing some fun tricks to prevent rainy day boredom and this one is easy to do!

9 comments:

  1. That is pretty cute. Our problem is usually Bailie breaking out of her crate. She seems to enjoy being an escape artist. We have that same type of crate which so far keeps her in, but she can get out of the wire crate and has gotten out at dog school too. Looks like a fun and easy trick to train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that was adorable. I linked this post to Awww Mondays. So cute and they both did a great job.

    Have a woof woof Awww Monday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great...I love it! As soon as I get Luke to go in the crate again, I'm going to teach him that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! What a cute trick. I love it!!! I am camera-shy too so I understand. The captions worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Nola knows to shut her crate from the outside, but I never thought to do it this way. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great trick! Thanks for the tutorial, I will teach my dog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!