Friday, October 7, 2016

Happy 4th Gotcha/Birthday to Phoenix!!!


It's been four years since I brought Phoenix home! Time sure flies when you're having fun. Phoenix had a rough start to life before me, we believe she lived in some form of neglect, she was not socialized and she was rescued out of house fire. She's a complicated dog, for sure and but she's the best friend a girl could ask for and she's taught me so much. She's changed my whole world and perception on everything. She's taught me to be more patient and compassionate. She's made me a better person.


Phoenix is a dog that's never said "no" to me. She has tried absolutely everything I've asked her to do. From silly tricks to complicated ones, to balancing on tiny objects or moving objects, to learning how to swim and fetching giant logs, to flipping and catch a frisbee, to performing tricks in front of crowds at orientation for my work and of course posing for silly photos for this blog. If I ask her to do it, she's up for the challenge and she tries so hard.


This dog has the biggest heart of any dog I've ever known. She is the most amazing companion I could of ever asked to have. She's always there for me and always up for anything I want to do and I love her more than words can describe.


Happy 4th Gotcha/Birthday to my little girl! 

I didn't have time to make her a new birthday movie this year but you can watch the one from last year by going here: Phoenix's 3rd Gotcha Day she really did change my life and I don't know what I would do without her.

To learn more about Phoenix and read her full adoption story go here: Phoenix's Adoption Story

9 comments:

  1. Happy Day to you today, Phoenix! You are a lucky girl to have a great family! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day Dear Phoenix,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you.♪♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories like this! It makes me smile from ear to ear to hear about a dog getting a second chance in a home that loves and cherishes the dog.

    Thanks for sharing your adventures. Although your tricks intimidate the hell out of me, I love knowing just how smart our dogs are, which gives me confidence when I need to work with them on behavior. It's amazing how positive training can produce quick results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we love that sweet girl!!!!! Happy Happy 4th Gotcha/Birthday beautiful Phoenix!!!!!! Your Mama is sooooo proud of you and rightly so!!!! Love you! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Gotcha/Birthday, Phoenix! We are so happy that you found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday/gotcha day sweet girl!!! You both lucked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha/Birthday, Phoenix! So glad you two found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Happy Gotcha Day! Hurray for celebrating your life with your person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) Gotcha Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!