Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Phoenix Saves the Day...


...and she's been saving me every single day since.

Four years ago today, this little dog stopped a man in his tracks after he jumped out at me when we were hiking alone. (Zoe helped, too) We have no idea what his intention was but he took off after my dogs barked at him. Having a dog who reacts once in a while is not the worst thing in the world! I've not been back to that particular park but I don't really fear hiking alone when I have my dogs with me! 

I really feel like Phoenix saved the day that day. Who knows what would of happened had she not been there and she's saved me every day since the day I got her. When you have depression, a lot of the time, things can look pretty dark. In a world full of dark clouds, she is my sunshine.

17 comments:

  1. So glad you had them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She probably did save you that day. Good for her and even better for you.

    Have a woof woof day you two. My best to your peeps. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never fear walking alone with mine either. Phoenix, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely why I have my dogs....SUNSHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey ...... I remember that day. I haven't been commenting much but I do keep an eye on your blog. I just somehow need my Zoe and Phee fix. Such beautiful sheilas'. That's such a beautiful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Phoenix (& Zoe)! I totally know what you mean. We've been dealing with reactivity issues with our Fen for awhile now and while it's generally been a very stressful experience for me, there have been times that he's warded off people that I was not at all upset about not having to interact with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How scary! Thank heaven Phoenix was there to protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful how dogs can protect us like that - and bring sunshine and happiness into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good girl, Phoenix! Nola did something similar at a relative's house once. Never understimate the power of a dog in protection mode, no matter the size!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet tribute. In my darkest time with depression, it was the fact that my dogs needed me that kept me going. I'm so happy that Phoenix is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they know who to bark at. Grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom always feels safe having a dog with her. We all know good from bad humans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that they were there for you. I never worry when I have Barley with me--her signature move is to put her nose in someone's crotch and growl, which gets people back pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing. They are our saviors in SO many different ways. Atta girl Phoenix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sound's like Phoenix is a true hero!!! We applaud her bravery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Our person agrees that there are times when she is very glad that Cobi is barky and growly around weird people. She's never actually saved anyone though! Good job, Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!